How Content Marketing Can Increase Your Backlinks
If you're looking for a powerful new way to increase your backlinks while also improving your company's image and reputability, content marketing is the way to go. Many potential customers initially begin their search for a product or service with research. Before they choose a carpet cleaning company, they want to understand the difference between steam cleaning and dry cleaning. Customers who are interested in purchasing a new car are going to look into several different makes and models before they hit the car lot and start test driving them.
If you offer the information that your customers are after, you can take a big step out of the shopping process for them. Once they've read your content, they should take away several things. Good content will prove that:
- You're knowledgeable in your field and bring a lot of expertise and experience to the table. When you offer information on the health benefits of honey in understandable terms, your customers will be more inclined to trust your products to be nutritional. If you have several in-depth pieces on green technology, you're naturally going to be a top choice for the customer's energy audit.
- You have the customer's needs in mind. While your pieces may have a moderately promotional slant to them, they should be informative and valuable to the reader above all. If you're an organic grocer, by all means tout the benefits of organic food. However, you should also let your customers know which products have the most pesticides and which are a safer buy in the non-organic market. This information serves the customer first, and your own needs second, so you establish yourself as an honest resource.
- You're on top of the latest trends in your industry. Regularly publishing news pieces on the most recent trends is a great way to let your customers know that you're always keeping up with the latest information. If your toy store always provides information on call backs and potentially dangerous products, your customers will feel safe shopping with you.
There are many benefits to providing quality content. Many of the readers who find your pieces may be looking to make a purchase in your industry. When they find your content, they'll get to know your company. This increases the chances of the customer making their final purchase from you. If your content is valuable enough, it also has great potential for being shared. Promote a sweepstakes or special coupons on your blog and you're likely to get lots of backlinks from blogs that share the latest local deals. Offer a valuable how-to and your readers may share it with friends and family via social media sites. If you share recent studies or research that you've done yourself, your page may be cited in another article on the topic.
Valuable content naturally breeds backlinks. Many SEO professionals post articles on other sites and link them back the main business page to build backlinks. This has been a successful tactic in the past, but search engine algorithms are gradually catching on. If you offer information that has value, others will link to it naturally. This gives your page rank a great boost, born of organic backlinks.
Running a blog on your business page is one of the best ways to keep a steady stream of content going. Successful blogs are updated often. You should aim for at least one new post every day. You can schedule your posts well ahead of time so you don't have to actually commit to writing these pieces on a daily basis. If you're struggling to come up with ideas for content, consider some of the following:
- Offer how-to articles that are relevant to your industry. If you sell cookware, publish recipes and information on how to best use your products. If your store offers home décor, post how-tos for decorating.
- Share valuable information. Parents who are in the market for children's toys are interested in the needs of their child at different developmental stages. Grocers can offer information about the difference between various cuts of meat, or a run down of exotic fruits and their uses.
- Post news updates. Any time there's a breaking story that impacts your industry, you should share it and offer your viewpoint. If you sell home alarm systems and there's been a rash of burglaries in the area, address this and offer tips on how residents can best protect themselves.
There's no end to the possibilities when you think creatively about your industry and the topics that are interesting to your customers. Content marketing is a great way to bring in new buyers.